There’s so much to be gained from spending time outside. In a garden, park, recreation ground, forest, woodland, beach, mountains, fields you can create your own fun. Rural is officially RAD. Of course the right gear is always helpful for bug hunting, den making and camp fire building or just for generally going wild in your wellies! Luckily we have just the range of clothes to cover big and little kids.
The great outdoors is cheap and cheerful, full of life and exciting exploring opportunities. Couple that with a resourceful, FREE activity for kids and you won’t see them til sundown! Such an activity HAS to be building a den. The Eden Project in Cornwall give some great tips on how to create your hideout quickly, resourcefully and safely.
Check out their building a den video here
Maybe you’ve got some old rope in the shed, a couple of blankets in the cupboard, or some bamboos in the shed… Well, here are some ideas for what to do with them.
Stuff for structure
All good dens need a sturdy frame.
- Chairs and tables are one quick way of building a structure.
- Bamboo canes: light, strong and fairly cheap.
- Poles: if you can’t get bamboo, you are going to need something similar, such as broom handles or tent poles.
- Bendy sticks: make all sorts of interesting shapes with these, or with plastic bendy pipes.
- Fallen branches: really fallen, not just branches you can reach. If you can only find thin ones, try tying them together to make them stronger.
Stuff for tying
- You’ll need a way to tie the structure together.
- String and rope
- Old bicycle inner tubes: cut into strips 2.5cm wide, these are great for tying things together.
- Rags: cut up old T-shirts. Save old sheets to cover the shelter.
Stuff for shelter
Now for making it look beautiful, or for keeping out the rain, if the den is outside.
- Bright materials can help you turn your den into a palace, fancy restaurant or castle.
- If you want to use your dens in the rain you’ll need waterproof material, such as plastic dust sheets or tarpaulin. Leaves are also good for this, but you’ll need loads if you don’t want it to leak.
Stuff not to build with
- Avoid glass as it can break into dangerously sharp bits.
- Steer clear of big bits of wood, or anything else big and heavy.
- Tins of paint or chemicals are bad news for you and the environment.
- Don’t cut bits off living trees.
Here’s a few more tips to keep everyone safe and happy.
The Den Commandments
- Respect the environment!
- Please don’t damage the den site; true denmasters leave no trace.
- Always tidy up after yourself. Please don’t drop litter, especially if you use manmade materials.
- Look after living trees and plants: they take years to grow and seconds to destroy.
- Check whose land you are planning to build on: you don’t want to be chased off halfway through and you don’t want to upset the neighbours.
- Don’t steal from other peoples’ dens!
Safe play tips
- To enjoy den making you need to stay safe, so this bit is really just about not doing anything stupid.
- There isn’t a ‘right’ place to build a den, but there are definitely a few wrong places: derelict buildings, cliff edges, swamps… you get the picture.
- We aren’t saying that an adult should be there all the time but a grown-up should know what’s going on and where!
- Keep your den lightweight, so that if it falls in, it won’t do too much damage to any den builders inside.
So what are you doing still reading this….? Open the door and go.out.side.
Bring the chickens home to roost this Easter with this fun holiday cooking(ish) classic that little and big kids alike enjoy making and more importantly – eating/scoffing.
It’s a spring time classic, a family favourite and a sure fire way to create a very messy kitchen. We challenge you NOT to lick the spoon!
- Line a 12-hole fairy cake tin with paper cases.
- Melt the chocolate, golden syrup and butter in a bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water, (do not let the base of the bowl touch the water). Stir the mixture until smooth. Try not to lick the spoon.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and gently stir in the cornflakes until all of the cereal is coated in the chocolate. Try not to lick the spoon.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases and press 3 chocolate eggs into the centre of each nest. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour, or until completely set. You can totally LICK THE SPOON now.
A coop of cakes and all other edible delights and crafty bits at Easter time cannot be made in such a neat and tidy fashion if you don’t have the right apron to hand. We have the most eggcellent range to keep most (probably not all) splodges, slops, squirts and spills off you. One less thing to clean after your Easter making and baking eggstravaganza!!
Wow! We can’t believe it’s been a year since we made our last set of Fathers’ Day designs for you guys… Last year saw the amazing success of our Daddy Bear/Bear Cub and Daddysaurus/Babysaurus designs – looking at them, I’m sure you can see why!
So, this year we’ve created a new lot of matching combo sets for Father/Son and Daddy/Daughter teams! We’ve got a great little combo for Dads who love to game and can’t wait to get their offspring on the buttons with them…
Or how about Dads who love to share a bottle with their little ones? Of course we’re talking nothing stronger than full-fat milk…
Last but not least, we’ve got the brand spanking new Dads who don’t even have the power of speech anymore…
So make sure you treat the Dad in your life to something he’ll really love this Fathers’ Day – shop our entire range here!
(Pssssst – you can also buy pre-made bundles in our Etsy Shop!)
Posted in Seasons
Tagged baby bear, babysaurus, bear cub, combo, daddy bear, daddysaurus, etsy, fathers day, fathers day set, gamer, gaming, gaming t-shirts, geek dads, geeky dads, matching set, matching t-shirts, new dad, new parent
As much as chocolate and flowers are ALWAYS appreciated, they’re usually gone within a few days (usually less in the case of the chocolate!) – wouldn’t it be nice to give Mum a gift for Mothers Day that she can treasure forever? This year we’ve really focussed on designing t-shirts, mugs, and tote bags that Mums all over the world will relate to!
Take our new Mombie design; perfectly depicting how new Mums feel on a daily basis after being woken numerous times in the night, changing countless nappies, and trying to master making the perfect temperature milk at 4am. It’s not a pretty sight.
For the experienced Mums out there who’ve had years of practice, we have our Queen Of Multitasking design – showing the world that she can do parenting with her eyes shut!
Of course we couldn’t let Mothers Day pass us by without a cute little combo set for Mummy and baby. Our adorable Mummysaurus and Babysaurus set is sure to have hearts melting so you might want to keep some tissues handy! (Also available as Mommysaurus).
We think you’ll agree, we’ve got something for every type of Mum out there, and there’s more on the website to choose from! Shop the rest of our Mothers Day collection to find your Mum the perfect gift…
Valentine’s Day might just be a bit of fun, but it’s a really nice way to spread the love – because we all know the playground can be a bit of a battleground sometimes! Whether kids want to send a card to their secret crush, or just to their best friend to tell them they love them, it’s a tradition we hope is around forever.
That’s why every year, we come up with new designs for our kids clothing and accessories to put a little love in the air – even if their love is just for pizza, dinosaurs and robots…
Of course, we also cater for the young-hopefuls who believe in true love; holding hands at break time, sharing their snack box, and passing notes in class…
…and before they’re old enough to realise what the heck Valentine’s Day is, they can always just be the apple of your eye!
We may be called ‘Kids T-shirts’ but that’s definitely not all we have to offer…
Winter is fast-approaching which means wrapping up, snuggling down, and keeping cosy – and we’ve got just the stuff to help your little one’s out!
We’ve been busy busy busy this year, finding the best new clothing for babies, toddlers, and kids across the world, especially our new Outerwear garments. Onesies are always a hands-down favourite, but we’ve also managed to get our hands on baby zoodies and sweatpants and toddler raglan sweatshirts too.
Our Baby Onesies have a brush-back fleece lining so they’re super comfy, and the cuffs are extra long so you can roll them up to fit, and roll them down as your child grows.
Our Toddler Raglan Sweatshirts look really cool with their contrasting arm and cuff colour, and stitched V on the neckline.
The Kids Onesies have a handy kangaroo pocket in the front – ideal for them to keep their phones and snacks!
Our Baby Zoodies are a great altenative to a hoodie as there’s no pulling over heads, causing a fuss! They also have faux drawstrings which are a lovely touch without the danger of real ones.
Then if you want some Baby Sweatpants to go with their zoodie, ours have the long hem of the baby onesies so your little one can get plenty of wear out of them!
Have a warm winter, and keep your eyes peeled for our NEW Christmas range – coming soon!
You should all know us well enough by now to know that we LOVE LOVE LOVE Halloween! So, as we do every year, we’ve been brewing up some fang-tastic new designs that you’d be ghoulish to miss (yes, we’re going for cheesy Halloween word play!). You may have noticed we’ve spent the year expanding our baby and toddler range, so now even the littlest of monsters can join in on the spooking and scaring too!
Although, we haven’t forgotten the big monsters, so you’ll find a tomb full of t-shirts that they’ll want to wear even when Halloween is over! We especially love our snuggly onesies, which are perfect for them to zip themselves into when they get back from a chilly nights trick or treating.
Of course, we couldn’t let the month fly by without a freebie giveaway, and this year its double the treat because we’re giving away TWO trick or treat tote bags with every order over £6.99. Not only that, we’re also including a sheet of stickers in every order – now that’s an offer sweeter than candy. So, don’t be haunted by regret that you missed this fa-boo-lous offer, go and shop Halloween at Kids T-shirts now!
Welcome our new baby bases to the world!
Remember us telling you that we were expecting some brand new arrivals? Well they’re all here and they look even better than we imagined! We’ve added six new products to our Baby line so you can really dress your little one in style, no matter the weather or the occasion. So say hello and have a shop around!
So if you’re looking for cool baby clothing for either your little one or as a gift for a new baby you know, we’ve now something to suit every baby and toddler!
Posted in Baby Tshirts
Tagged awesome baby clothing, baby baseball t-shirts, baby costume t-shirts, baby raglan shirts, cool baby clothes, cool baby clothing, costume baby grows, cute baby clothes, fancy dress for babies, new arrivals, new baby clothes
We’re always adding to our awesome range of Fathers Day t-shirts, because let’s face it, a Dad is for life – not just for Fathers Day! Last year we had our best-selling Big Monster, Little Monster, and Tiny Monster set which flew off our shelves, so this year we had to make sure we had even more cool Fathers Day t-shirts for you to choose from – and boy do we think we’ve delivered!
As a ground-shaking salute to the new Jurassic World movie out this June, we’re bringing you our slightly less terrifying Daddysaurus and Babysaurus designs which are the perfect gift for new Dads.
We’ve also covered the cool Dads out there who like to hit the beach and hang 10 with their mini-me! You never know, we might even get some good weather over June so they can catch some waves together for a Fathers Day outing…
Then there’s this awesome combo that does all the talking for itself!
Of course it’s not just new designs that we’ve added; with the addition of our cute baby grows and new baby t-shirts, we’ve expanded our existing range so your tiny tots can be included too. All baby grows and baby t-shirts below have matching parent t-shirts.
So go and take a look now, and make sure Daddy Bear is happy this June!