Bring the chickens home to roost this Easter with this fun holiday cooking(ish) classic that little and big kids alike enjoy making and more importantly – eating/scoffing.
It’s a spring time classic, a family favourite and a sure fire way to create a very messy kitchen. We challenge you NOT to lick the spoon!
- 225g/8oz plain chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 50g/2oz butter
- 75g/3oz cornflakes
- 36 mini chocolateeggs
- Line a 12-hole fairy cake tin with paper cases.
- Melt the chocolate, golden syrup and butter in a bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water, (do not let the base of the bowl touch the water). Stir the mixture until smooth. Try not to lick the spoon.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and gently stir in the cornflakes until all of the cereal is coated in the chocolate. Try not to lick the spoon.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases and press 3 chocolate eggs into the centre of each nest. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour, or until completely set. You can totally LICK THE SPOON now.
A coop of cakes and all other edible delights and crafty bits at Easter time cannot be made in such a neat and tidy fashion if you don’t have the right apron to hand. We have the most eggcellent range to keep most (probably not all) splodges, slops, squirts and spills off you. One less thing to clean after your Easter making and baking eggstravaganza!!